Chef de Cuisine Narathip Chaisomboon
Chef Narathip Chaisomboon (Chef Deffy) love of food put him on a path which lead to Bangkok Thai Restaurant in Salt Lake City, UT in the United States. Working as the Chef de Partie his duties were preparing and cooking Thai Cuisine.
Chef Deffy’s oldest brother Chef Nuttyut Chaisomboon (Chef David) opened his first restaurant called Lemon Grass in Salt Lake City, Utah. On his brothers request Chef Deffy co-developed the Lemon Grass and became the Chef de Partie and Kitchen Manager in 2000 – 2002. They both developed new Thai Fusion dishes like Curry with Pasta (Special Padthai) which became an instant favorite among the urban locals. Inspired by Chef David, Chef Deffy decided to return home to Thailand to continue his studies in the culinary arts. The saying “If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen,” Chef Deffy asked for more. Creating and refining new methods with his brother while managing the kitchen work flow became a daily regiment.
Chef Narathip graduated from Dusit Thani Collage in Thailand majoring in Kitchen and Restaurant Management. He took the position of trainee at Conrad Hotel for five hundred hours training as a helper in Italian Cuisine.
From October 2007 to January 2008 Chef Narathip put in another five hundred hours at Flow Restaurant in Millennium Hilton Bangkok building up his experience in Asian cuisine.
– From April 2008 – October 2008 Chef Deffy took the position of Head Chef opening for Pool 13 bar and the Italian restaurant.
– From December 2008 – October 2009 Chef Deffy took the position of Chef de Partie at E72 Restaurant.
– From October 2009 – March 2010 Chef Deffy took the position of Chef de Partie at White Café catering.
– From March 2010 – May 2012 Chef Deffy took the position of Chef de Partie at Michael Angelo Italian Bistro (Italian Food).
– In August 2013 Chef Deffy worked as a consultant and opening of Millet Bar and Bistro.
– From June 2012 – August 2013 Chef Deffy took the position of Head Chef at RFS Company Limited.
– From September 2013 – November 2015 Chef Deffy took the position Chef de Partie of Ku De Ta (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
– From December 2015 – May 2016 Chef Deffy took on the position of Sous Chef at Baa/Ga/Din Modern Thai Street Food.
– From July 2016 – Present Chef Deffy took on the position of Chef de’ Cuisine at Mara Restaurant in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
He is an expert in traditional Thai, Modern Asian, Italian and fusion cuisine.